Friday, December 2, 2011

Valentine's Day

Author's Note: This poem is written about traditional Valentine's Day gifts, but how they are when they aren't playing a part in the lovey dovey role of Valentine's Day. It is a modified format of a traditional Diamante poem (Diamond Poem)

Flowers that bloom in the summer, spring, fall, and even sometimes winter.
These plants can be colorful and beautiful, sometimes exotic and rare,
When I think of flowers I think of dark green stems, so tall and full of leaves,
Sometimes chocolate we think of as sweet; sometimes we think of it as bitter.
Chocolate, only shared on Valentines’ day, when we should be sharing it every day, if you’ve had a bad day pick up some chocolate.
Flowers and chocolates the perfect valentine’s day gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I love the colors orange and teal, my favorite foods are pickles and chocolate covered strawberries. And I am crazy for anything hippos.