Tuesday, December 20, 2011

The Message

Author's Note: This story was a group prompt for the beginning sentence and then we filled in the rest. I left it hanging at the end,and I left it open for the readers to fill in the rest of the story, make it your own. Put yourself into the story and if you add onto it then you should leave it to me in a comment so that I can read it.

I go home and check my messages on my phone just like I do every day after I get home from school. When I get to the third one I freeze......... My mom just sent me a message saying that my little brother and my step dad died in a car crash. My step dad, who was more like a dad to me than my real dad ever was. As I listen to this I'm sitting on my bed, not crying yet because number one: I don't believe that it's true, and number two: because I am in shock that anything has happened to them. I call my mom and start yelling all she can make out of my words is: Mommy, what's wrong! ARE YOU SERIOUS! NO MOMMY! THEY CAN'T BE GONE! I DON'T BELIEVE YOU! STOP LYING, MOMMY, IT'S NOT NICE! While she is responding I don't even focus on her words, because she is sobbing and I know that there is no way she could be kidding; she would never lie about something like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I love the colors orange and teal, my favorite foods are pickles and chocolate covered strawberries. And I am crazy for anything hippos.