Thursday, November 29, 2012

Dear Katniss



Dear Katniss, 
You seem to have changed a lot during your time in the Hunger Games. I think that you are a perfect person in the essence of taking control when no one else will, and also when you need to be there for someone. You are a tough person who is more of a tom-boy, than a girly girl. You are a great role model to Prim and I feel terrible that you have to live with those mean Capitol people. Toughness and worrisome are two of your biggest traits and that's probably because of President Snow. Wouldn't anyone feel threatened by a man who wants to kill off children to teach adults a lesson? You seem more compassionate and caring, open-minded and loving even. Peeta is so sweet, and caring, that I think he changed you for the better. He taught you that you don't have to be so blocked off from the world. You can open up to people, and trust them. All in all, you seem more comfortable with yourself, and your life...well, as much as you can be what with the Capitol wishing you were dead. 

So, I was thinking the other day and I remember this other book I read once, it was called 'Stolen' by Lucy Christopher. The girl's name is Gemma, and at the beginning, she is close minded, worrisome and a good role model. Though she is in a completely different situation as you, she has most of the same traits. Also, similar to you, she changes throughout the book into a loving, compassionate, and also more caring. Gemma used to pretend to care, but now she really truly does. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I love the colors orange and teal, my favorite foods are pickles and chocolate covered strawberries. And I am crazy for anything hippos.