Thursday, November 29, 2012

And then what?


After I finished writing my letter, I didn't know what to do with myself anymore because I had involved so much time to writing my letter to you. I hated you and loved you at the same time. I missed you more than anything and I didn't know what to do about it. Mom was worried about how skinny I had gotten while I was with you. I still wasn't really eating, because nothing seemed appealing anymore. I wanted your saltbrush soup and I wanted to feel your lips on mine again. I was waiting and waiting, knowing that it wouldn't happen. So, I did what I do best right now: slept. And slept. I was awaken to mom gently shaking me and rubbing my hair. She had brought me breakfast, though I wasn't hungry. Trying to convince her that I wasn't she just pretended that she couldn't hear me and helped me sit up to eat. Eating wasn't that hard to fake around my mom because she didn't pay much attention to me. At that moment her phone rang and she left me to my food. Since there wasn't much room to hide it, I had to eat most of the food. After that I went back to sleep.

It must have been morning or late afternoon when I woke up because the sun was peeking in through the cracks in between the blinds. During the night I knew that my mother had come in because there were fancy clothes waiting for me on my dresser. That's when it hit: today was your hearing. 

I got up and got dressed without thinking much because I was to busy thinking about you. One thought continued to go through my mind on loop: I get to see him today! Jumping for joy as I walked out to the living room, my mother and father just sat there and stared at me. They whispered to each other thinking I couldn't hear them. They said: must be the Stockholm. 

And then you walked in. . .

I had to grip my chair until my knuckles where white, just to contain myself from jumping straight into your arms. Wincing as I saw the bruise that had occurred since the last time I had seen you, you turned towards me and gave me the most dazzling smile, and I shyly blushed and smiled softly back. Everyone else in the room was too busy talking to notice our exchange.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I love the colors orange and teal, my favorite foods are pickles and chocolate covered strawberries. And I am crazy for anything hippos.