Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Lost

Author's Note: The topic that we were writing about for our writing circle was death and dying. This story is from the perspective of a 13 year old girl, that has lost someone very important. 

As I sat down on my clutter strewn bed, I read and reread the message over and over again. How could this happen? That question had been bouncing around inside my head for over five minutes now. I called and called but there was no answer. It rang and rang for 5 minutes. Why wasn’t the voicemail picking up? At least then I could hear it one more time. The voice, the one that I heard all the time. Why wouldn’t they call? I mean my mother had died!!!!! My own father didn’t even have the decency to let me know! The even stranger thing? This message came from my mother’s phone. I know that there must be something going on. How could my mother, my dead mother! be sending me texts? SHE’S DEAD! I'm her daughter and I find out from a text! Hello? Daddy? It’s me, Megan. Is it… is she…no daddy, I don’t believe you this can’t be true! NO! No daddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I love the colors orange and teal, my favorite foods are pickles and chocolate covered strawberries. And I am crazy for anything hippos.