Thursday, May 10, 2012

Apartment 4B

Author's Note: This is a scary story that is about a 17 year old girl, who is having a hard time adjusting to her new apartment and living on her own after living with her parents for 17 years. And now her parents are dead and she is paranoid about everything. 


  I was walking down the darkly lit street by my house when a man came up to me and asked me where I lived. I told him I lived right down the road and he asked me where exactly it was, to take him to the outside because he was looking for a new place to live. So I was thinking okay I’ve seen this guy walking around before he’s nice enough. The man thought it looked nice and I told him about the few apartments that were open. He asked what apartment I lived in because then he could tell the landlord that I had recommended him to her. So I then went on to tell him that I lived in apartment 4A next to this really sweet old lady who always makes me cookies and smells like brown sugar. I spent that night laying in bed thinking about my parents again. They died last year a few days after I turned 17. I had been on my own because I told everyone that I was 18 and I rented out this apartment. I don’t like to talk about it with anyone so I just sit in my room and try to make the thoughts go away. That night I woke up in the middle of the night to a scream. I figured it was probably the T.V. and that I had just left it on again. I went back to bed and fell soundly asleep for the rest of the night.


The next morning as I walked outside of my apartment, I see that there is a crime scene outside the old lady next door’s house. As I walked past I glanced back and all of a sudden I saw the slightest trickle of blood come out of the closed door. I was walking to my car and I saw the strange man that had come up to me last night. I walked away from him as fast as I could because for some reason I had the strange feeling he had to something to do with the blood and the crime scene. He started towards me and before I knew what I was doing I sprinted off in the other direction. While I was running away I didn’t dare look back, because I wouldn’t be able to deal with the emotions I was feeling if I found him chasing after me. It was like I was living in a scary movie, everything was there: the murderer, the stalker, the sweet old lady.


When I got to school I was so freaked out I didn’t even notice the crowd that had formed around the gate to the school. Everyone was staring at me, because they knew something was up, I never got freaked out like this. The last time I was this scared was when I got a call at school saying that my parents had died in a car crash on their way to get me a birthday present. Now whenever something bad happened everyone knew because I had grown a hard shell that hid my emotions from everyone. I had a boyfriend who was perfect, he was sensitive, and really nice and super funny. He cared about me and supported me in almost everything. My, best friend, Ella was the first person to come up to me and ask me what was wrong. I told her everything about the old lady, and she told me not to worry that we could talk to someone. Only a few people knew about my housing situation, and they all have kept my secret. I finally agreed that she would stay over tonight in case anything happened.


After school I went to the grocery store because I was too scared to go back to my apartment in case the stalker guy was still there. That night after the grocery store and every other store close to my house had closed; I had no choice but to go home.  While I was in the coffee shop, Ella had called and said that she had a family emergency to tend to and couldn’t come over. She was really sorry and told me not to worry about anything I was just paranoid. As, I was walking home I tried everyone in my cell to see if they would come over for the night, but of course they all had plans, or were busy with family. Even my boyfriend, Liam couldn’t come over and was really sorry and would see me tomorrow for our date.  When I got to my apartment building and trudged up the stairs I saw it.........

It was the man, the man who had asked me where I lived the other night. His back was facing me, but in his hand I saw a bloody knife! THE KNIFE! Oh no! What should I do, and then he was coming up to me, raising his arm…


I am completely oblivious to everything around me, I feel awake but maybe this is just what it feels like to be dead. It’s strange though, it feels like someone is shaking me... Wait! That is someone shaking me! It’s Eli! So I’m not dead! She tells me I was screaming in the middle of class. It was all just a dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I love the colors orange and teal, my favorite foods are pickles and chocolate covered strawberries. And I am crazy for anything hippos.