Friday, May 18, 2012

Fact or Fiction????

Author's Note: This piece is based on a truth/lie you have to decide. Our language arts class made up three facts about ourselves and one lie. It is up to you to decide which one it is.

I see those little spoiled little brats with chocolate ice cream on their faces. Tap, tap, tapping on the glass. They are so annoying. Don’t they have anything better to do? All these stupid people want to do is come and stare at smelly zoo animals all day. I see hundreds of people every day lining up just to see me: a lonely primate. A monkey. Why do they care so much? Don’t they understand that I need my privacy? I get maybe six hours to myself a day and I usually spend my time sleeping.

Look at all of those cute little kids with those adorable chipmunk cheeks with chocolate ice cream covering the rosiness. They are just the cutest little darlings. They come here every day and look at the monkeys. There are hundreds every day at that front gate waiting for the zoo to open. It’s the most delightful thing I think I have ever seen. Their parents just let them run around all day while they fall behind and slowly try to catch up.  The monkeys at this zoo deserve so much more than this. They’re just stuck behind that glass with all of those people tapping with nothing for them to do except listen to the bothersome rhythm. Wouldn’t the monkeys hate that? I would if I were them. That’s why I got this job, looking after the monkeys at the local zoo, so that I could help protect my favorite animals from all of this torment. I love monkeys. Did you know that monkeys and humans are the only animals with opposable thumbs? We should be using these wonderful creatures for our own help. Maybe we should treat them better, then they wouldn’t be so scared of humans. Monkeys are wonderful creatures.

1 comment:

About Me

My photo
I love the colors orange and teal, my favorite foods are pickles and chocolate covered strawberries. And I am crazy for anything hippos.